Sunday, April 03, 2011

My Second Layout

for my DT position at Scrapbooking Haven.
Used lots of yummy Kaisercraft Magic Happens, paper blooms and Prima bling.
Did lots of layering, stitching and distressing. Also misted and paint splattered the background paper. I found this paper range a bit on the hard side to work with as it is a bit too purple for my liking...
Here are some close up to show the details.




I double layered the butterflies to give them a bit more depth, top layer is punched out velum. Tulle just seemed the right thing to use with this photo so I tied a few knots in a strip then twisted a pearl string around it. I also had these SEI iron-on fussy transfers which you can see in the second last close up shot, just above the 'she' word. A bit scary ironing on a layout that has most of the details stuck in place, thought I was going to burn something and ruin it. Overall I am pleased with how this page turned out :)

No comments: